vrijdag 16 januari 2009

The Art of Warping (Or Being Warped)


YES! Finally! I was blankly staring at a rerun of Sum of All Fears (old movie), as I noted how the ship warped back to the Icemining field (yes, still) when it hit me, the thing I had wanted to blog about for a while now! WHOHO! Celebration!

Just for kicks, when I leave a station, I turn on my flightcamera's, you know, the ones that record your final glorious, or not so glorious, moments in battle so you can replay and replay them when you're dead... or something like that.
Sometimes I even put it on fast-record, so the playback at normal speed will be ultra-slow.
Souds weird? Well not if you read my reason.

The simple reason is this.
It often happens that whenwarp starts, near a station, the ship turns just about 180 degrees and heads right, or just about, back to where I came from, which is, the station, because, quite logical, the place I want to be is often at the other side... whythey didn't build the exit-ports on that side of the ship then I don't know, and is not the topic here.

But... imagine... flight recorder on ultra-fast, warp starts and just for that single second moment you are INSIDE the ship... sometimes you even get three or four flashes of the inside before you exit at the other side and warp speeds up. Why it doesn't leave a hole in the station I don't know, ask the nerds, errr Tech guys, and is again, not the topic.
The topic is those few flashes, that just a second of images passing by, at ultra fast recording... I can spend hours replaying those images, because you really pass through EVERYONE's bedroom, broomclauset and storage-room after a while and you can truely see what RABBITS the human population is... and I'm not.

Now I don't know if this is the Art of Warping or just Being Warped, but at least it's nice to remember something you've forgotten. :)
And I'll bet you'll never look at that small second flash ever the same again. :) You'll be wondering... you will...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten