dinsdag 5 januari 2010

Blinking red light

Sometimes I get this feeling,
and I don't know if you recognise this,
but I think you do, or at least will when you've read it,
that there is something that you are forgetting,
because there is a nagging sensation,
pulling at you from somewhere,
telling you something,
but in a language you just don't understand,
or is just that bit too far away,
to hear.

(now you have read it, do you know the feeling?)

I got this feeling today,
when I noticed on my controlpannel,
this blinking red light,
flashing on and off,
on and off,
and on and off.
Not in a threatening manner
like onoffonoffonoffonoff
saying 'you're gonna DIE!
but just on
and off
and on
and off.
Really quiet,
soothing,
rythmic even.
blink
blink
blink...

And it kept me thinking,
why are you blinking at me,
little red light,
what are you trying to tell me.
Whisper it to me,
little red light,
is there something I've forgotten?
Did I turn you on to help me remember something,
or are you on a timer which I set?
Tell me, little red light,
I want to remember,
I am sorry I forgot,
so please... help me out,
just a little bit.

And ony then you see the smoke rising from your aft-burners,
and you find you, just for a moment, wasn't paying attention,
but that someone was shooting you right out of your stuffing in the meantime,
but just 1/5th on hull Concord interviened and shot the git to hell!?

Well,
this happened to me today.

How was your day?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten